- Working group participation in City of Salem’s Downtown Renewal Plan update, successfully adopted by City Council.
- Major committee effort on behalf of St. Joseph’s Church.
- Historic Salem Jail- After 20 years of advocacy the Jail is now home to law-abiding residents and a restaurant.
- Reuse of the former Elks Lodge, 17 North Street - This successful project solidifies this edge of the McIntire Historic District and completes the renovation of this section of North Street. It has a positive impact on the neighboring Nathaniel Bowditch House, a National Registered Landmark and headquarters of Historic Salem, Inc.
- Sundays in September Walking Tours – 2010: South Salem
- Preservation of the Central Houseportion of Old Salem News Building.
- Homeowners workshop– 2009 topic “Greening your Historic Home.”
- Sundays in September Walking Tours– 2009: “Northfields – The Houses and Garden Cemeteries of North Salem.”
- HSI preserved the Bowditch House at 9 North Street
- HSI successfully worked to saved 18 Crombie Street from demolition
- HSI established the Most Endangered Historic Resources Program
- HSI launched the House History and Plaque program. The first plaque granted was to 120-122 Federal Street.
- In June, the HSI board of Directors voted to buy and restore the Pickman House
- HSI members, led by board member Libby Reardon, began lobbying effort to save the Narbonne House which abuts the Salem Maritime National Historic Site
- On March 6th, the HSI Board votes to acquire the Cook (Bowditch) House for $11,500
- Historic Salem Inc was founded